Monday, December 12, 2005

The End is Near!

In this issue: Almost done with all of my bullshit. Also I'm 24. I loves the Illinoise!

Con Law final is on Wednesday. Its Monday. I'm studying, studying, compiling notes into outlines, wondering how much Black & Stewart's personal differences in Griswold will actually matter on the final. Puke. The best part of all this bullshit is that I'll be done with it all on Wednesday! Then I can focus my whole Winter Break on being poor, not having a job, and buying lots of gifts . Also reading. I want to read some books during my vacation.

The books:
1. the remainder of Shop Girl
2. Al Franken's new one
3. Take the Cannoli by Sarah Vowell (because I realized at Classy's italian dinner the other night that I had never finished it)
4. The O'Reilly Factor for Kids (because I don't think my level of understanding has reached adulthood when it comes to Bill O'Reilly's brazilliance)
5. The Bible (psych!)
6. Magazines

Yesterday was my birthday. I turned 24. I feel older already - but in a good way - like my brain is heavier with the knowledge and experiences I have collected in the past year (it could also be this giant sombrero I'm wearing right now). If y'alls are in town and interested - the birthday celebrating will probably take place on Thursday. Maybe a restaurant outing? Maybe something awesome? {Comment with your ideas because my brain can only think in Outline form right now}

In my pursuit of hilarious, lame birthday songs on I-Tunes yesterday, I decided to get something potentially tasteful. So I chose Sufjan Stevens' Illinois. I've listened to it three times today... in a row! I love it. I can't stop listening to it. Every song sounds connected to the album's Illinois theme, but at the same time entirely unique. Come to my house if you want to listen to it (unless you want to rob me, rape me, or kill me - then I'll send it to you in the mail).

Catch you later, suckers.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats great because the thursday after after-party is in East St. Louie Illinoize

7:05 PM, December 12, 2005  
Blogger Glenn said...

I wish I had read your journal comment before I failed out of school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to work We and Th night, but I'd like to hang. Let me know what rolls.

5:38 AM, December 13, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would like to have "mike steep it's your mother fuckin' birthday" if possible. in addition, i'm glad that the sombrero that ryan stole from me last year could make your birthday better/head heavier. almost time to kill some con law and/or have a nervous breakdown during the exam and/or take the exam blindfolded b/c it will pretty much be the same result. good luck beotch! let's get shitty.

4:38 AM, December 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home