Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Oh fun....

Okay. Since I'm unimaginative and unmotivated to be clever, I stole this survey/quiz/time-waster from Jocelyn's blog. It's a run down of things on your iPod or other less-awesome MP3 device. You should have an MP3 player to fill this out, so poor people need not apply. However, I'm feeling lazy -- so I'm just going to survey my entire library of songs on iTunes stored on this computer. Even the ones I downloaded from Napster in the dorms. Even the Mr. Belvedere Theme Song:

How many songs?
1750

Sort by artist
First artist: A-ha!
Last artist: The Zombies

Sort by song title
First Song: "(Don't Break These) Chains of Love" - Diana Ross & the Supremes
Last Song: "Zobilee Zoo" - Theme Song to the awesome show.

Sort by time:
Shortest Song: "One Last 'Woo-Hoo!' for the Pullman" - Sufjan Stevens - 0:06
Longest Song: "Papa was a Rolling Stone" - The Temptations - 30:15 [I had no idea this song was so long. I'm listening to it right now. 12 minutes in. No bullshit]

First Album: 5150 - Eazy E
Last Album: You Forgot it in People - Broken Social Scene

First song that comes up on Shuffle: "Leaning Against the Wall (Remix)" - Kings of Convenience - Versus

How many songs come up when you search for "sex"?
12

How many songs come up when you search for "death"?
5

How many songs come up when you search for "love"?
79

How many songs come up when you search for "you"?
172

How many songs come up when you search for "why"?
3

Put the next 20 songs that come up on shuffle:
1. "I Can't Wait" - Ol' Dirty Bastard (aka ODB, aka Dirt Dog, aka Big Baby Jesus)
2. "Jenny Take a Ride" - Mitch Ryder & the Detroit Wheels
3. "Superfly" - Curtis Mayfield
4. "Sick of Myself" - Matthew Sweet
5. "Little Kids (Remix)" - Kings of Convenience
6. "Merry Muthafuckin Christmas" - Eazy E
7. "The Love I'm Searching For" - The Rentals
8. "Touch & Go" - The Cars
9. "Season of the Witch" - Donovan
10. "Hurricane" - Bob Dylan
11. "Malibu" - Hole
12. "Gloria" - Patty Smyth
13. "An Eye for an Empty Heart" - Holly Golightly
14. "Your Honor" - Regina Spektor & Kill Kenada
15. "Set it Off" - Peaches
16. "Song for the Dumped (Japanese Version)" - Ben Folds Five
17. "Spooky" - Dusty Springfield
18. "Perfect Day" - Lou Reed
19. "Tout Doucement" - Feist
20. "I Think I See the Light" - Cat Stevens



Wasn't that exciting?

I'm so spent from that endeavor that I'm going to take a nap now.... tough day.... yess....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

see - what a ... semifun way to waste time.
although your mc hammer is delightfully ironic, i'm more impressed by the fact that you have "touch and go" by the cars on your ipod. still, that's got nothing on my secret stash of kelly clarkson.
-joc

7:05 PM, December 21, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow that looks like fun! My turn!

How many songs?
1

Sort by artist
First: Trace Adkins
Last: Trace Adkins

Sort by song title
First song: "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk"
Last Song: "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk"
How many songs come up when you search for "badonkadonk": 1

And so forth....

Shortest song: "Things I'm Happy About:" - Elliott Smith

First Album: Woodrow Wilson's 1913 debut, "Let's Get Retarded"

Guiltiest inclusion: "Signs" (I pretend it's just by Snoop for "organizational purposes")

Longest: Various podcasts of dirty sounds and heavy breathing, 201:04.

8:15 PM, December 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home