Saturday, December 02, 2006

A side effect of Cabin Fever? It burns when I pee.

Study break, bitchezzz! Sorry it's been awhile. I've had my nose buried in outlines and flashcards for the past few weeks. This personal hell of mine won't be over until December 12th at 11:30am, so I'll probably be M.I.A. until then.

In the meantime, a few things...

1) We're trapped! 16 inches of snow fell on Columbia two nights ago. MU canceled classes for the first time in over 10 years. My car is still invisible under a mountain of snow. The cabin fever is rotting our brains! Jon has devised a plan to tunnel under the snow and steal hubcaps from other cars in the area. Then we'll melt down the hubcaps and turn them into sleds. MAGICAL SLEDS that will hover above the snow and fray and gently glide us to Cracker Barrel, where we will eat omelets to our hearts' content.

2) Okay, I lied. We're not entirely trapped. Last night at around midnight, Jon & I ventured out of my apartment on foot and trudged to the gas station down the street. We bought a bottle of Seagram's 7 and received complementary glares from the pseudo-goth kid behind the counter who was listening to AFI or some shit like that. Regardless, we drank 7 & 7's like cabin-fevered fiends and smoked cigarettes in my bathroom. You know. Your typical Friday night.

3) A special treat for people in law school or people who like to identify armed robbers...

So I was reading the Tribune online yesterday and came across this article about a series of robberies at the local Michael's. The cops released a sketch of the suspect. Checkit:


I was immediately taken aback at the fact that I totally recognized the person in the sketch. None other than Evidence professor extraordinaire, Frank O. Bowman! Checkit:


Yeah yeah... it's a stretch to think that a federal prosecutor turned law school professor would ever resort to robbing a local craft store... but we can dream... can't we?

7 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

Let me out!

3:28 PM, December 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cracker barrel doesn't even serve omelets. they also don't serve black people, so i guess it's even.

4:21 PM, December 02, 2006  
Blogger Julia said...

There is no escape. The snow will keep us trapped in this small space for the remainder of our days... which, tragically, will be few when the booze runs out.

Oh yeah! I forgot about their fuckin' "no omelet" policy at Cracker Barrel (the "whites only" policy doesn't faze me because I'll still get my hash brown casserole in the end). I guess I'll have to settle for some sweet, sweet Country Kitchen to satisfy my four-egg craving.... if I ever get out of this goddamned apartment again...

5:53 PM, December 02, 2006  
Blogger Ben said...

Tell me you emailed the article to tha Notorious F.O.B. If you don't, I'm going to.

Also, Meghan and I have almost extricated ourselves from our snowy tomb. We thought ahead, bought all the syrup at Gerbes on thursday afternoon, sprayed it outside from my window, and we've been eating our way out all day. Tomorrow we will be free, and probably have diabetes. See you soon!

7:31 PM, December 02, 2006  
Blogger Erin said...

A cure for Cabin Fever:

1 bottle Aristocrat Vodka + Tonic Water + Orgy of Blood

Claire and I are watching a Girlfriends marathon...yeah, we will be resorting to cannibalism...for fun!

11:19 PM, December 02, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That drawing really looks a lot like your professor. You know, I have been hearing that teacher's wages for the past ten years have not been commensurate with inflation, even at the post-grad education level. Perhaps your assessment is not so much of a stretch as one might think.

10:18 PM, December 05, 2006  
Blogger Horus said...

Where are you Julia? I'm floating out here in the blogosphere and its scary. It's just me, Arianna Huffington and Peggy Noonan. I actually read a bunch of articles at intellectualconservative.com this morning. Please help, write something!

8:01 AM, December 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home