Friday, March 24, 2006

The Man is on Spring Break

Spring Break Special. 4 cats for the price of your sanity.

Top 5 Movies That Define Me - Have you seen them? Oh! You really should - Spring Break Oh-Sixxx

{presented in chronological order}

1. Mad Max : Beyond Thunderdome -- the movie that deeply impacted my early childhood and shaped my outlook on post-apocolyptic desert warfare. Aunty Entity tells it like it is. Bust a deal - face the wheel. How can you argue with that?
2. Slumber Party Massacre II -- I just subjected Erin, Sarah & Ryan to this tonight. They were visibly moved by the harrowing tale of Crystal Bernard & her Virginity vs. The Drilla Killa. I first fell in love with this art film gone wrong when Amy & I rented it for a slumber party in 7th grade. We hoped there would be nudity in it. We had no idea how poignant it would be. Also it's directed by a lady, so that makes extra less sense.
3. The Ice Storm -- I watch this every year when winter first sets in. Its a little compulsive, but strangely comforting. Ang Lee makes the darkest, treacherous winter storm look ethereal. Gorgeous.
4. Ghost World -- This didn't come out until I was in undergrad, but it embodied everything I pretended to want to be in high school. [oh man. i think that sentence actually worked. they have no idea that my grasp on basic grammar is at a 5th grade level!] I even have the graphic novel that the movie was based on. And an Enid doll. I also looked exactly like Thora Birch in this movie for quite awhile, so that adds an extra element of Julia-esque creepiness.
5. Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle -- I will never EVER tire of watching this movie. The most intelligent stoner comedy I've seen. The commentary on race was astute. Harold was dreamy. Doogie Howser & that cop from SVU were in it. 'Nuff said.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am starting to suspect that you are deliberately cultivating stalkers.

10:58 AM, March 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I concur.

11:43 AM, March 24, 2006  
Blogger Julia said...

Clever.

Distinguish yourself from my stalker fan base.

I've seen the monthly newsletters.

I know "what's up," if you will.

1:21 PM, March 24, 2006  
Blogger Glenn said...

PS why are your parents cats there?

8:26 PM, March 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah . . . "Spring Break 06!" Fuck yeah, COMO is going to be off the chain! OK, well enough said am jealous that I missed the slumber party massacre movie. Maybe if we hold out, we can watch sorority massacre. I feel like that is a contemporary piece of art that really reflects my life. Oh and tell your boyfriend that he's my new hero since his rant re: abc's incompetent weatherpersons got published. Again, off the chain.

10:41 PM, March 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home