Monday, July 17, 2006

Das Teaches of....

Oh man oh man.... So the Peaches show was last night in Lawrence. I was beside myself. I heard she puts on an incredible stage show, so I couldn't wait. Wooooo! Aside from the suffocating heat in the Granada, Erin's monumental nosebleed, and that giant sweaty guy who stood between me and Peaches... it was a FANTASTIC show. Her costumes! The topless dancers! The wacky-weirdo-hipster-losers in the audience dressed up in their wacky-weirdo-hipster-loser costumes. Everyone was drenched in sweat by the end of the show. My shirt was still wet when we got back to Columbia. Puke





The Eagles of Death Metal opened. I wanted to claw my eyes out after their first three fairly identical songs. (get it? Eagle? Claw?) They just kept playing.. and playing.. and playing. Dedicating every song to "ladies" and "bartenders." Too much of a shitty Queens of the Stone Age rehash for my likes (to quote Harrison). They were definitely not on Peaches' level. Sheeeeiiitt...


Shout out to Jenny for driving us in her Acuraahhhhh...

Oh yeah! Even more important than Peaches!!! ERIN & I EACH TRIED ONE OF THEM NEW KFC's FAMOUS BOWLS! Layers of the best KFC goodness you can find. Picture it. Plastic bowl + mashed potatoes + corn + fried chicken pieces + topped with BROWN GRAVY and SHREDDED CHEEEEZE! It was the perfect pre-Peaches meal.

I still can't believe I saw her in concert.

Swwwoooooooooonnnn......




Hurts so good I got a soregasm


4 Comments:

Blogger Horus said...

I've been dying to see "Uffie" in concert!! Something about her singing that "pop the glock" song gives me warm funny butterflys...

10:33 AM, July 18, 2006  
Blogger Julia said...

How did you figure out my clever usage of "brown grazy"? I need to stop talking in KFC Code when describing my sordid sexual encounters at rest stops across the state. Why can't future employers be stupid enough to fall for pig latin?

I must admit. I haven't heard "Pop the Glock," but I just read the lyrics online. I'm totally downloading it when I get home... and can't no one stop me!

Does Uffie ever play in the U.S.? The government probably has her on the same No Fly list as M.I.A. Their shared offense -- looking sexy and rockin' it too hot. hahaha...

11:06 AM, July 18, 2006  
Blogger Julia said...

grazy = XTREME GRAVY!

(not a typo)

3:16 PM, July 18, 2006  
Blogger Erin said...

Sorry about that nose bleed...the guy told me the stuff was pure.

12:25 PM, July 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home