Monday, July 31, 2006

Here comes Timbaland, I'm also from the South. I like the the girls with big butts and golds in they mouth.

101 degrees outside today! I know. Unless you live someplace made of tundra... like... Canada... you're probably suffering too. See, the difference is -- I don't deserve to suffer. You're most likely guilty of something. Especially you, Dan. You made a number of secretive phone calls while you were in town this weekend. I'll get to the bottom of it... even if I keep having to sleep in this Latino's car outside of your apartment every night for the rest of my life... or maybe a week. I dunno. I get tired easily. It's 101 degrees outside, after all. At least this El Camino has wireless.

Oh! D-Moll & I caught A Scanner Darkly tonight. Granted, I haven't yet read the story... but the plot seemed a little weak to me. Especially at the end. The animation was brilliant. Much more stylized than Waking Life, but I couldn't take the preachiness at the end of the film. It made me want to go out and do all the Substance D I could find. Just to spite Phillip K. Dick. Mostly just because of his name... and the film adaptation of I, Robot. That movie made me weep for the death of humanity. Did anyone else notice that Will Smith starred in a little minstrel show action? Just checking. (i.e. when he ate entire plates of soul food in the middle of the street. In the future. With robots everywhere. And flying fucking cars).

Anyway, I really loved the combination of Winona Ryder, Woody Harrelson, Robert Downy Jr., and Keanu Reeves (even though he's still an awful actor in this). The four of them, totally strung out on drugs for the entire film was really hilarious. I highly recommend that you see this in the theatre. Maybe under the influence. But don't take my word for it! {cue Reading Rainbow music}

Oh snap! Bette Midler is on Conan. It's like watching mom on TV.


Waiting.


Waiting.


August 5th!! Jefferson City! CrabCakes Butcher Shop! Open for Business! Ladies Beware. BEWARE!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Horus said...

I really liked "Waking Life". I think "Scanner Darkly" will be just my cup o'tea. I may have to see it under the influence...I know you said "cue reading rainbow music", but instead I heard the sound from the "The More You Know" PSA's and I saw the little star with tracers thingy...

10:38 AM, August 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home