Friday, July 28, 2006

Funny -- when the laughter's over and the joke's on you

My life: Asleep in the living room this morning. I wake up at 8am to the sound of Jodie trying to move her metal and glass desk set up to her room. By herself. So I jump from sleep mode directly into help mode. We're moving the desk up the stairs. I'm on the lower side of the desk. Wearing gym shorts & my Queen Bee slippers. The desk slips from my grasp a little bit and slams into my left elbow. It made a *crack* noise when it happened. I started seeing white. I had to sit down on the stairs while Jodie carried the rest of the desk up alone. Awful. Bruise forms immediately.

So I want to bounce back. I collect myself and start helping her move stuff again. I carry part of a shelf up the stairs, lean it against the wall, turn around to go back down the stairs. Things seem okay, then one of my damned slippers gave out from underneath me. I flew down the stairs, trying to stop myself with both elbows and apparently my tail bone. The bruising on my left elbow is nothing compared to the right elbow. This bitch looks nasty. Like my abusive husband (WHO I LOVE) decided to teach me a lesson or something. Pshaw. I can take care of that shizz by myself!

Lesson learned.

Don't help people move furniture.

You'll only trip on your slipper and fall down the stairs.


Hohan or Blohan? A question for the ages.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Blohan, most definitely.

2. Be careful. I don't want the cops at my house again pestering me about why you're all banged up.

And I don't mean knocked up. That one is NOT my fault...

2:07 PM, July 28, 2006  
Blogger Julia said...

Oh baby, this baby's gwonna be magik! MAGIK!

I'm already expecting my first child support payment.

Within the next week.

Hope to hear from you soo-ooon,

Love,

Yer Lady J

12:38 AM, July 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home