Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Femi-Nazi? Femi-Yatzee!

I hate days when I feel like a crazy, reactionary liberal... but I suppose those occasional days just come with the territory.

Canyon set me off yesterday morning with his hilarious "Femi-Nazi" talk ("No.. it's only a nickname... You're a good one.") Yeah yeah. He was attempting political humor, but it was a term coined by [his idol] fucking Rush Limbaugh. "Femi-Nazi" just gets to me sometimes. It's coined with so much contempt for feminism, so much contempt with feminist activists, grrrr... Makes me want to get all Bikini Kill up in their faces.

Then Jason made his usual Ayn Rand-style comments in Torts. I had to lay it on thick after that, but I was standing up for epileptics everywhere... (what?)

Then Tim started slamming affirmative action. It was just a messy day, but I think these lawyerin' skills are starting to shine in me. All of these structural arguments were floating through my head while we talked about affirmative action, and I was immediately able to pull out inconsistencies in his statements that I matched up to my points (note: this was all in one of those floating, brain filing cabinets). Perhaps this is "thinking like a lawyer"? Who knows. It felt pretty fulfilling.

Katie wore the same style of sweater that I did today. She will pay the ultimate price for her sins. We're going to Flat Branch for some dinner and drinking... on a Wednesday.

I'll get you, Dan Richardson,

Love,

Ramona the Pest

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home