Wednesday, October 13, 2004

I see that you've come to resist me

Ryan was kind enough to purchase the new Interpol album for me. I highly recommend it. Listen to it at least twice. Then you'll know. One of my favorites right now is track 4. Ryan says it starts out with an E-Bow, which seems to be a wonderful gadget that uses magic to change sounds & shit (this being the technical explanation of it's use).

It's only 4:15 and I'm home already. I couldn't be there any longer. Walking back from lunch, my entire body was resisting returning to that building. It was like two of the same poles of a magnet being pushed together. I couldn't do it. I took my ICW and my Kontrax (right?) home.

I spent nearly 12 hours there yesterday. I was in a general malaise all day long. It was kind of entertaining until I started falling asleep while sitting up... while driving. Don't blame me, children learn lessons when you run them over on the sidewalk. It teaches them to get cars and learn to drive, like normal people do. Man, I spend all of my weekday time around all of the law school people. I thought it was just me being grouchy and anti-social until Ben Cox expressed himself in the same vein. Some people seem to be thriving in this environment. Nonstop energy. Go go go... I have to pace myself. Sleep is important. No caffeine. Read.

Read.

Brief.

Ryan came home early today. He said he felt dizzy at work and is now asleep. Wait... could that be a concussion? If it is, maybe he'll will me his t-shirt collection. Brain swelling is cool.

Oh! You want to hear something pathetically sad? I forgot my age against last night. The first time happened when Ryan and I were at Dali's eating dinner (en espanol) the night before the Tort's midterm. I was talking about Daniel getting so old so fast, when I went blank. He's 17, but I couldn't remember how old I am. I first thought 24, then maybe 22, then I decided on 23. I had to whip out my driver's license to check. It was all fun and games until last night at the Contracts study group when Pittman was asking everyone their age. I said 23 with confidence. I am not 23. Strike 2.

What is happening to me? I've always had a so-so short term memory, but I've never forgotten the basics. Depressing. I can remember the full names and mini-bios of the entire cast of Wings, but I can't remember how old I am?! Maybe my brain is slowly bleeding out of my ear. That would explain the stains on the pillow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home