Thursday, March 09, 2006

Again! Again!

All fucking day long! This stupid chorus from this stupid Fiona Apple song has been replaying in my stupid head... over and over and over again. Every quiet moment I've had today. This is the first time in many years that one single chorus has haunted me so much. Maybe I'm crazy? I thought listening to the song would make it go away, but I've listened to the damned thing six times in a row. I sing the chorus even when Fiona sings the lyrics. Driving. Me. Insane. I thought writing about it would help, but now I just want to listen to it...

Oh you silly stupid pastime of mine
You were always good for a rhyme
And from the first, to the last time, the signs
Said 'Stop' - but we went on whole-hearted
It ended bad, but I love what we started
They said 'Stop' - but we went on whole-hearted
It ended bad, but I love what we started


Also, in a futile attempt to stop this revolving song, I just listened to Extraordinary Machine in its entirety (heard it again for the first time, if you will -- long enough to have preferences for certain tracks).
Good songs: Parting Gift, Not About Love (and Zach Galifianakis is in the video!!! swooon), Extraordinary Machine
Okay songs: Waltz [Better than Fine] (I haven't heard the John Brion-produced version, but I'm sure this is a rip-off of something he did), Red Red Red, Please Please Please (goddamned catchy)
Bad song: Window (this one sounds like an accident)

ps - Paper Bag will still be her best song. Forever. foreva' eva'?

STUDYING SSUUUUXXXX

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicholas Coates said...

It was getting to be late I noticed from deep within the stacks of the library. An already empty library was beginning to take on a monastical atmosphere. Pondering this I suddenly begin to sing "OH COME ALL YE FAITHFUL, JOYFUL. . ." I didnt realise what I was doing until a verse and a half in. Too bad noone was in the library, I sounded pretty damn good.

8:39 PM, March 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home