Saturday, March 04, 2006

live long, save ten years to remember...

BLSA Banquet is in 5 hours. I'm supposed to work on my outlines for two hours. I still have time, right? Ryan & I went shopping shopping shopping last night for my damned dress. He was incredible. At Ann Taylor Loft, husbands were sitting outside of the dressing room, grumpy, complaining -- while Ryan scoured the racks and found perfect things that even the salesperson didn't know existed. Take THAT, moderately-priced retailer! I've still got Top 5 Fever...

The Man - Top 5 - BLSA/Superb Procrastination Edition
[who's keeping me down today?]

1. Dillard's - So I found the perrrrfeck dress there. Of course, it was still at Dillard's, so there had to be a number of things that went wrong. I found the dress on a clearance rack. $40.00 reduced from $160.00. The dress was so perfect that I honestly would have paid full price for it. Brown satin, knee-length, perfectly fitted around the waist, super plunging neckline WITH a beaded gold band running along the neck. Deliciously throwback, but a) the seam at the bottom of the zipper was coming undone, b) the dressing room looked like a subway restroom, and c) the dress was waayy to formal for the BLSA banquet. So Dillard's perfect dress forced me to buy a lame-o knit shrug to wear over it. Had to dress it down a little. Don't want to blow everyone's mind too quickly. Thanks a lot Dillard's. Oh, I also got 10% off the $40 when I complained about the zipper and the saleslady showed me how to sew it up myself.
2. Tom Ford - Former top designer for Gucci, bane of Erin's existence, recently came out with an updated version of Youth Dew (the classic Estee Lauder perfume that EVERYONE's grandma wore. Everyone). Youth Dew Amber Nude was released in December and I absolutely looove it. However, every time I wear it, I feel like a sexy grandmother. Or Mrs. Robinson. Thanks for making me conjur up images of naked elderly women in my head, Tom Ford.
3. Dr. Baby & the Bush Administration - because Dr. just tricked me into feeding him twice. Sneaky. Just like Bush tricked me into voting for him... TWICE! {note: I just threw up in my mouth}
4. Diplo - His sweet remixes and masterful use of Nintendo sounds have haunted my dreams for days now. Please, Diplo, call off the troops. My brain is overloaded... but I love it...
5. Menses - In keeping with the whole 60's glam throwback look for tonight, I'll have to wear one of those creepy menstrual belts. Believe me, it will complete the look.

Oh! PS on the "look" - I just bought Walter Wanderley's Rain Forest on I-Tunes. Brilliant. Listen to a few of the tracks... Did you do it yet?... I know! It's that distinctive Brazilian organ samba music you hear at the dollar theatre!! Love that. Tell me if you want me to burn you a copy of it. Wanderley died in 1986, so I don't think he'll mind.

There are very many places
I would like to go,
but I can't find the key
to open my door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home