Monday, February 27, 2006

These cats... these CATS!

My cats are grade A bastards. Dr. Baby has always loved to wake me up exactly at dawn. Now he has an accomplice. I'm scared.

This morning, Dr. is standing over me, kneeding his paws into my neck, demanding to be fed. I sit up in bed and hear the neighbor's dog barking outside. No. Not just barking. A constant, unending loop of barks. Like the Jingle Bell dogs, but without the big studio budget. I stumble in to the kitchen to feed the cats, when I see Battlecat {see her wearing the sweater? 2nd cat down on the left. I know. She's a doll} who is usually asleep at 6:32 am, standing on top of the kitchen table in the breakfast nook {wait. did I just say "breakfast nook"? What a yuppie}. Her tail is up in the air. She is pacing back and forth across the table top. I look out the window to see what's going on, and I see the neighbor's dog standing at the fence. Barking at Battlecat. She was tempting the dog! Taunting him. Making him bark. Waking me up. Prompting me to walk into the kitchen for their goddamned food. Sneaky jerks.

I just finished making Ben's cd. Oh yes. It is lovely. I was going to just make it all Saigon all the time, but I decided to throw in some Lady Sovereign (because I think you might enjoy her) and that damned Diplo Rhythm song that I can't get out of my head (because everyone needs to hear it so they know my delicious pain). I think I dreamt about the song last night. Dancing. Dancing. Dreaming. Can't stop listening to it. The song has burrowed deep into my brain and is laying a million Brazilian baile funk tracks at the base of my skull. I know. It sounds messy.

Stop putting so much trust in your religion
They couldn't conquer without division
Boy you still black, I don't care if you Catholic or Christian
Police'll still fuck you up, young buck
Bust you in your head, leave your body by the dump truck
Revolution got me pumped up

Gotta love Saigon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home