Sunday, January 08, 2006

Psychics vs. Skeptics

It's almost 3am. Ryan is at "work" (by "work" I mean banging that mute chick that works in the mail room at his office).

So there is a Rabbi and a super-skeptic debating Sylvia Brown and two other psychics on Larry Kind Live right now. I'm sorry. I'm an atheist skeptic, but after watching this episode, I would trust anything Sylvia Brown and her psychics say over any of these pathetic fucks. What a bunch of hateful sycophants. Seriously. This is too much. The psychics are kind, thoughtful people who ask a million questions of the world and still have deep-rooted spiritual beliefs. This Rabbi guy is just horrible. The skeptic is throwing out personal insults and screaming at the psychics.

Are other people picking up on this? Mainstream religion fosters the kind of spiteful, pompous attitude that the Rabbi & religious guy are exhibiting. When I was in Christian school, we were always taught that while psychics may have some insight into the immediate future their INSIGHTS WERE GIVEN TO THEM BY SATAN. That is exactly how the Rabbi is treating the psychics - like a bunch of evil, lying sinners who have no grasp on spirituality. Makes me pull my hair out.

Oh! Ryan & I ventured out to the mall today. Big mistake, but we did pick up some awesome junk. Ryan bought slippers. I bought this incredible book. When you stop by my house, you should definitely pick it up and look through it. It was made for me -- all secret confessions by anonymous people who sent these 5X7 cards to this website. I can't put it down. I have it sitting on my lap right now. In fact... I'm going to read it. Au revoir.

"I am a Southern Baptist Pastor's wife. No one knows that I do not believe in God."

"My parents are related."

"I masturbate to pictures of Civil War soldiers."

Wow.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been watching that site for a while. My favorite so far is "I stole your duck and took him to San Francisco"

9:16 PM, January 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa... How'd you find out about "Ms. Mutey?"

10:16 AM, January 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so here's mine... i'm secretly in love with my friend with glasses and shortish hair's touch-o-phobic boyfriend and i stalk him at computer nerd central, mizzou chapter, on a daily basis.

2:59 PM, January 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who are you talking about?

7:39 PM, January 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home