Friday, September 01, 2006

Sometimes you're crazy then you wonder why. I'm such a baby 'cause the klarbrunns make me cry.

Sittin around sittin around... My car is at Custom Muffler right now.

Possibilities:

-- The transmission might be shot.

-- Or it could just be a coolant leak.

-- Or it could just be the fact that I sometimes get under the hood and hit the engine with a hammer until fluids come oozing out.

Who knows!?!

As you may well have guessed, I once again jinxed the Cardinals to a devastating loss on Tuesday. Minotaur is skilled at predicting these things. While the game was a wash, I was able to score a gigantic BBQed TURKEY LEG. The last one I ate was in high school on our senior trip to Six Flags. Until Tuesday, I only thought you could get them at Six Flags. How deliciously wrong I was! Best damned TURKEY LEG I've had in years. The new Busch Stadium may have crushed my childhood memories, but at least they provided me with a $5 TURKEY LEG to make up for it.

Oh snap! Did you hear that I'm now hooked up with internetz AND digital cable AND free HBO [for 2 months, at least]? How did I manage to finagle my way into free HBO? Charm and sass. Also I think they have a deal going on right now. Regardless, I've got HBO on Demand for awhile. If any of you bitches want to come over and have a marathon viewing of Dane Cook's Tourgasm, you're welcome to it. Of course I won't be here because Dane Cook makes me want to pull my hair out. I need to see more self-loathing and less Weird-Al-but-I'm-a-charming-date-rapist schlock if you're going to impress me, Dane. I know. I know. America loves you. The most popular man on MySpace! Damn that Dane Cook!

What are you doing for Labor Day? If it involves TURKEY LEGS or massive consumption of alcohol, count me in.

Time to watch this fancy cable of mine and figure out what that smell is.


someday you'll see me on Richard Bey
for stalking the girls of Melrose Place

2 Comments:

Blogger Horus said...

I'm pretty jealous! I'm jealous of the turkey leg, but I'm also jealous of the cable. I just moved into my new place and damn mediacom said they can't come set me up til the 11th, so I'm relegated to dvds and the five channels I'm picking up. But I won't cry about it anymore, speaking of crying, check out this vid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A6z6M1j2tQ

8:22 AM, September 05, 2006  
Blogger Julia said...

You know what? Fuck Mediacom. Fuck 'em. I called one day and sat on hold for over an hour before hanging up. I called a few days later and sat on hold for 30 minutes before an operator got to me. I said "I want to set up my service, bitch." He said "Let me transfer you to our setting-up-services department." [I'm paraphrasing] He put me on hold again for another 20 minutes. THEN, a recording comes on the line and gives me a survey about my "experience with Mediacom." Then it says goodbye and hangs up on me.

I was fucking livid! I jumped in my car and drove to the Mediacom office. I told them I was pissed off and wasn't going to leave until they set me up. She scheduled a set-up time for the very next day.

See? All it takes are vague threats and angry surprise arrivals at their goddamned office to get them to do what you want. I should send them my fucking cell phone bill.

Get the cable guy drunk and he'll give you free HBO!

9:55 AM, September 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home